Visitors to CropTec on November 24 will be given the opportunity to admire the Barclays Premier League trophy.
The iconic trophy will be on show on and visitors to the event will be invited to take a selfie with it.
The Barclays Premier League trophy was crafted in 2004 when Barclays became title sponsor of the Premier League. Due to its value, is always flanked by two security guards when on display, as the trophy is officially classed priceless.
The trophy was won for a record 20th time by Manchester United at the end of the 2012 / 2013 Barclays Premier League.
Representative from CropTec, comments: “We are absolutely delighted that the Barclays Premier League trophy will be at the CropTec show this year. It’s a fantastic opportunity for visitors to see one of the most famous trophies in sport.”
For more information on CropTec Show visit www.croptecshow.com
Other reasons to visit the Barclays stand (52) at CropTec;
- Enter the digital prize draw to for a chance to win an iPad mini (T&Cs apply, see the Barclays stand)
- Attend a free Digital clinic, aiming to give you practical and helpful advice on all online issues and build your digital skills
Did you know?
- The trophy stands at three foot five inches tall and twenty four inches wide.
- The total weight of the trophy is four stone. The base of the trophy accounts for two and a half stone alone.
- Cast by Asprey and Garrard, the Crown Jewellers, the main body of the trophy is made from solid sterling silver. The crown is cast from 24 carat silver gilt, to a depth of half a millimetre.
- The base of the trophy is made from Malacite, a semi-precious stone found in Africa.
- The design of the trophy is based on the theme of ‘The Three Lions of English Football’. Two of the lions can be found above the handles on either side of the trophy. When the captain of the title winning team raises the trophy (and its gold crown) above his head at the end of the season, he becomes the third lion.