The CropTec Show 2017
Join Soya UK this November at The CropTec Show – visit them on stand no. 21 in Hall 3
Registration is free for all those who pre-register before the event.
Soya – a growing opportunity
Soya UK exhibiting on stand 21 in Hall 3
Soya UK will be exhibiting at the CropTec event this year, providing an opportunity for farmers and agronomists to find out more about growing soya in the UK. Soya is rapidly gaining in popularity, and the UK area is expected to increase four-fold in 2018 to an estimated 20,000 acres.
David McNaughton of Soya UK Ltd says there is huge interest in Spring break-crops at present, and soya is very much on the agenda for a number of reasons;
- Blackgrass – Soya is the very best crop for dealing with blackgrass.
- The high value of soya per tonne now means that the gross margins are attractive when compared to other spring break crops.
- By contrast, the uninspiring values for cereals, sugar beet and other crops, is forcing many farmers to consider alternatives.
- The neonicotinoid ban (and subsequent problems with flea beetle) has reduced the attractiveness of other break crops like OSR and Linseed.
- Soya is a particularly good nitrogen-fixing break crop and the perfect entry for wheat.
- There is a huge, high value market for soya with relatively easy quality standards.
- Soya now enjoys a good choice of herbicide options for weed control
For further information, contact Jacqui McNaughton at Soya UK on email@example.com or visit www.soya-uk.com or call our office on 02380 696922